Friday, February 5, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away . Personal

One of the biggest things I miss about living in California is the weather, I swear it rains down here at least twice a week or more (or maybe it just feels that way) regardless it stinks for doing photos and because I have yet to invest in studio equipment and know how my photography revolves around the weather. Which brings me to the reason of this post (other than to show off the cuteness that is my daughter) ever since I can remember I've loved arts and crafts. My aunt taught me how to sew when I was little and cross stitch as well, when I was in highschool I'd get the Pottery Barn Teen catalogs and always wanted one of their beds that had all the storage in them so I figured I could build my own instead of buying one, looking back with the amount of money I spent on the lumber and such I probably could have bought one but what fun would that have been (although my mom might appreciate not having wood glue permanently in the carpet in my old room). Our house is filled with photos I've taken, canvas's I've painted, and random things I've put together. Half the blogs I follow are craft blogs and I have a binder full of design, craft ideas and patterns. Since I've become a mother I've starting doing more things for Keeley, I learned how to crochet so I could have one of those cute baby cocoons to take her newborn photos in, I recently learned how to knit so I could make her cute hats and longies to cover her cute cloth diapered butt, I've made her two dresses and dressed up a bunch of onesies for her and I've also started making bows for her. My favorite thing to make (other than tutu's because they are so girlie and fun) is cloth flowers, I love them. I made one to go with Keeley's birthday outfit (which you'll see more of when we get a chance to do her 1 year photos) and wanted to grab some photos of her in it one day, unfortunately that didn't work out that well because they had sprayed fertilizer on the grass where I wanted to take them so I snapped a couple of her on the swing by the water downtown and then some more at home. I'm thinking about starting to sell some things on etsy to help fund my etsy addiction, but I'll let you know more about that later until then here are some photos of Keeley in her pretty cloth flower

Keeley and I hanging out at the house



that smile is the best thing ever



showing off her teeth



and the flower

3 comments:

Justine February 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

I think you'd make a ton of money if you made your own Etsy account. I would obviously help your addiction and probably form one of my own!!

Cody Durrett February 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM  

lovieeeeeee

Ashley February 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

omg i can't stand how freakin cute she is! i just love that smile!

.Photobucket
.Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography.Camera Gear Rentals.. The Unexpected Pit Bull

Photography by Misty Smith's Fan Box

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP