Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Have you heard?!?! . Personal

So if you haven't already heard Photos by Misty Smith is moving at the end of this month. I would have posted about it later but with the military we weren't sure exact dates and all so I wanted to know what was going on before letting the world know. So where are we going you might ask? We're getting out of the Marines (well Drew is but you know what I mean) and we're moving back home to lil ol Gretna for a while. We'll be moving again in a couple of months or so but for a bit we'll be in Gretna so if you are in the area and have ever wanted photos done by me here is your chance to not have to catch me on the odd weekends/weeks I come home for sessions. I have some big changes in the works for next year so be sure to "like" my page on Facebook so you'll know what those changes are and when they go into effect. Right now we will be moving the last weekend in October and then will be taking a trip to Philly to visit friends the first weekend in November so after we get back from all our travels I will start booking sessions in Va. If you are wanting Christmas photos book before December 12th I'll also throw in some custom Christmas cards for those that book a session with me before that date in Va. I'm excited to be moving back and starting my business up where we grew up, it's going to be another fun adventure. Although I am very sad to be leaving Beaufort, I never thought I'd say it but I will miss it here. I've had some amazing clients that have turned into great friends, I've traveled so much while here photographing amazing people, I've really gotten a chance to watch my business grow here and I'm going to miss it.
Ok before I start to cry I'm going to move on haha.
Last month I got the opportunity to travel to Houston Tx for Ali and Patrick's wedding which was a blast, my best friend Brandee came down from Dallas to stay with me which was awesome since we hadn't seen each other in 2 years!! I also got to see Ashley and Gunnar again (it's been 2 years since seeing them) and I got to meet Cassie and her two handsome lil boys. I was introduced to the ginormous galleria in Houston which made me wish I had a ton of spending money.  Here are some of my favorites of my personal photos from the trip

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
 My dad picked me up from the airport and we stopped at this church ruin on the way back which was pretty cool



Photobucket
 My kids are growing way too fast, I know I'm behind in blogging my 52 week photos, I have them I'm just very slow at blogging them. My goal is to blog at least twice a week and if I do that I want to upgrade my blog to a nicer one but I need to stay consistent with my blogging before I do that :) I rented the 16-35mm for the Texas trip and got to use it on some shots of the kids too which was fun. I want that lens lol
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Jax is getting so big!! He needs to slow down!
Photobucket
Keeley loves her baby Belle
Photobucket
He's finally doing tummy time more and not screaming
Photobucket
We went home for Dana and Matt's wedding and I was able to photograph the kids playing at my parents house
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
So that's the end of my long personal post I have a ton of client photos I need to blog and lots of galleries to get up for clients so be on the lookout for all of that too :)

0 comments:

.Photobucket
.Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography.Camera Gear Rentals.. The Unexpected Pit Bull

Photography by Misty Smith's Fan Box

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP