Monday, March 29, 2010

i heart faces . dramatic b&w

I heart faces is having a contest this week about dramatic b&w photos, when I read about it this photo popped into my head so I had to enter (and the fact that the awesome Tara Whitney is the guest judge is really cool)
Photobucket

I love this photo for so many reasons. It was taken with my Pentax 35mm film camera when I first started taking portraits so it's grainy and rough around the edges which I think adds to the photo. Alysia was my first client and one of my favorites ever she was up for any cooky ideas I had and some of my favorite photos I've ever taken are of her. To me this photo is what a deployment feels like, we're just loving our men (or women) and waiting for them to come home. This photo makes me miss film even more, hopefully I'll be able to pull the darkroom equipment out of my parents basement and set up a little darkroom soon, hopefully.

7 comments:

Anonymous March 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

beautiful texture & mood - great image!

Misty Smith March 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

thank you!

elizabeth March 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

I agree...love the moodiness to this...it makes me wonder if she's looking or waiting for someone. Beautiful

val March 30, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

Creative idea with the message in the sand!

Laurel March 30, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

This is great! I love the line of the shore, the grain - nice nice nice!

sharon March 31, 2010 at 5:35 AM  

love this photo - my husband is a marine so its very meaningful - thnx for checking out my b+w pic, i think we actually live near eachother, small world:)

Misty Wallace March 31, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

Beautiful!! Love the mood to this!! Very nicely captured!!

.Photobucket
.Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography.Camera Gear Rentals.. The Unexpected Pit Bull

Photography by Misty Smith's Fan Box

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP