Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dylan's graduation

When Gayla contacted me about doing her brother in laws bootcamp graduation I was so excited. Normally going to base on Thursday or Friday is something you just don't do because of the graduation festivities but I had a mission so I was excited when I went through the gates and saw all the families. I met Mille and Dylan's family before the liberty ceremony which made me even more excited because they were excited. If you're not familiar with Marine bootcamp it's 13 weeks with no contact with your loved ones other than letters (and that first call home to say hey I'm here bye) so family day is a big deal, so much of a big deal that Mille knocked Dylan onto the ground once they were dismissed (which sadly I didn't catch, don't under estimate the speed of a girl who hasn't seen her man in 13 weeks). I enjoyed being able to take photos for Mille and the family, Gayla thank you for letting me do them! (p.s. normally holding hands and kissing isn't allowed (coming from the girl who didn't get her first kiss until it was dark out lol) but when you have a camera pointed at you it kinda happens :P)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

and for a little blast from the past of my own here is Drew and I at his bootcamp graduation almost 7 years ago
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Kassi April 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

okay, so when my brother finally gets to boot camp (stupid recruiters and their stupid quotas.--i'm allowed to say that, I'm married to one. hehe) I'm so hiring you to do his graduation! And then we can meet!

Misty Smith April 10, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

kassi that sounds like an amazing plan because we'll finally get to meet!

Justine April 12, 2010 at 2:14 AM  

Well if that doesn't bring back the old bootcamp memories, nothing will! Awesome shots!

xxBitchFacexx April 26, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

OMg these made me tear up. I think that's the ultimate goal as a photographer. To evoke some emotional reaction. These are so good. Love them. <3 Erika

.Photobucket
.Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography.Camera Gear Rentals.. The Unexpected Pit Bull

Photography by Misty Smith's Fan Box

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP